– Does the fee include air travel to Recife?
No, air travel is NOT included in the school fees.
– Can I bring my family?
Yes! However, children over 16 years old will need to register and pay the full tuition as well.
– Can I sleep in a friend’s home or at a local hotel and still participate in the school activities?
We strongly encourage you to live in community with the rest of the students in our bases! However, we understand that people have different preferences. If you have friends or family living in Recife and would like to stay with them OR if you plan to stay in a nearby hotel during the school, you may. We will provide your meals, but you will be responsible for your transportation to ALL of our activities. If this describes your situation, you can pay the price for “locals.” You can find those details on the main Experience website. If you still have questions, email us!
– If I make a payment for the school but something happens and I cannot attend, will I receive my money back?
We apologize for any inconvenience, but you will only receive half of your fee back if you cannot attend the school.
– Should I bring extra spending money with me during my time in the school?
Extra spending money is NOT a requirement but is recommended! All of your transportation, meals, and housing are provided. However, students who have attended our schools in the past have enjoyed spending some of their free time at local restaurants and malls. You may also want to go to the grocery store to have some snacks on hand. Therefore, we recommend bringing some with you!
– If I have to leave the school for any reason after it begins, would I receive my money back?
We apologize for any inconvenience, but we cannot give any refunds after your first night staying with us.
– For what dates should I buy my tickets to fly into and out of Recife?
You may arrive in Recife between September 6th and 8th. For your return flight, we suggest you purchase a ticket for between December 2nd and 3rd. Please ask our admissions team which would be your best option because it will depend on your final missions trip.
– How will I get to the missions base from the airport?
Someone from our Shores of Grace team will pick you up at the airport. They’ll carry a sign that states “SHORES OF GRACE,” so they’ll be easy to find!
– Do I need to be a member of a church to go to the Experience school?
We really want to honor God’s church, therefore, we think it is important that you have a local church and pastor (or mentors) that support your life.
– Is the price for couples JUST for married couples?
The “couples” price applies to three types of people: 1- married people, 2 – siblings, and 3 – parent and child. We’re sorry, but the price does not apply for 2 friends.